Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A challenge

It's been rainy since Katie died. Strange for Haiti. A high school student asked me if I thought it was because of her death. Another one said "Yeah, like God's crying." I said I thought maybe one reason it's raining is because God knows we need to cry, it's part of grieving. This weather does make this time seem sadder. We can't know all God's reasons, not now anyway.

I titled this "A challenge" because one of the reasons I am sad about losing Katie is that she seemed really good for Quisqueya Christian School and it's students. What I heard at the memorial service today made me realize even more how subtle, yet effective her testimony and influence were here. So, I'm wondering...is there anybody out there who thinks God may be calling them to come to Haiti? Would you like to continue the work and fill in the hole left by Katie?

Think about it. Pray about it.

1 comment:

  1. I have just come across several links regarding the sudden passing of Katie Broecker, and I was saddened even these eight and half years later, to read her story, limited though it is, on several different webpages. It just struck me her death came on the date of our youngest daughter's birth, here in Canada. My heart goes out to both her family whom I know continue to feel her absence, physically, in their lives; and to you as a school who were so obviously touched by her presence when she was with you. May the Lord continue to bless your school as you seek to make a difference in the lives of the Haitian children, and in turn in the lives of their families and countryman.

    Sincerely in Him,

    Peter

    ReplyDelete