Thursday, January 8, 2009

AIS sends 3 Great coaches for TREC 08-09


Ambassadors in Sport International has been the driving force behind this year's TREC. Not only did God use them to provide most of the funding for this year's TREC, but they also send 3 very gifted coaches to Haiti to do the training: John Boggs, Matt Pheneger and Shame Wiebe.

John Boggs grew up as an MK in Haiti. His Dad was the director of an Evangelical Christian Bookstore for many years and also helped to found Quisqueya Christian School where Carol teaches and which Joy and Ricky attend. John is married to Cathy and they have a one year old son. He is in charge of summer camps for AIS, among other things. He has been a great help because he speaks Creole having grown up in Haiti.

Matt Phenger is in charge of International Training for AIS and is married to Laura and they have 2 lovely little girls ages 3 and 1. Matt has visited practically every country AIS has a foothold in either as a player or as a trainer. He has been a great help putting together this TREC!
Shane Wiebe took a week of vacation to come and help us coach. This is Shane's first experience with AIS and we hope it will not be his last!
Here is his bio:

"I was born in the U.S. while my parents were in missionary training with NewTribes Mission and raised in Bolivia until I was 15. I graduated from Bible College in '91. I later continued my education as a Bible major and aviation minor at Cornerstone University. I had been in ministry with high school and college students for 7 years when God moved me to the Florida Keys to be the director of Student to Student in 2000. I count it a privilege to continue to share the love of Jesus here in the Keys and around the world. I have been blessed to be able to use the skills and gifts God has given in both soccer and volleyball to minister to others. I have had good coaches and have been able to play soccer with very talented players from my time in Bolivia and in Europe and with The USA U19 team . I have coached soccer and volleyball up through the college level for the last 17 years. I am so thankful to God for teaching me so many things about Himself in such a fun way. I want continue to use these tools to show His Truth to His people."

We praise God for these guys who sacrificed their holiday to train Haitians in soccer ministry.

The AIS coaches are seen here with Daniel Jean-Louis, the Assistant Director of AIS Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment