Sunday, February 14, 2010

The case of the missing water systems

Sat. , Feb. 13, 2010

Today, my job was to rest and try to get over this rotten cold that I have, complete with post-nasal drip that is really annoying.

But just when I was about to lie down for a morning nap, I got the word that the baby formula and supplies I had left for David Schmid and the Bolosse campus relief effort were not where I had left them at QCS. Carol arrived at QCS just as I was talking to David and confirmed that not only were the food supplies not there, but the 6 water systems that I had responsibility to distribute were also not there. Naturally, I was very upset and fought against the growing sense of panic that was building up in my sick body.

As you may recall, these water systems were left in my responsibility after a man named Lee King had to leave Haiti suddenly because his son got malaria. There were six systems worth about $5,000 US each – or $30,000 US total.

I cried out to God and read Psalm 69, and then dashed off a quick e-mail to Lee King explaining the situation. Then I e-mailed and called everyone who was supposed to have received a water system and asked them if they had picked up their system without telling me. None of them had, so now I was back to zero.

At this point I still don't know where the systems are, but on Monday I will go and talk to Ted at QCS who apparently called some orphanages to come and pick up the formula and stuff that had been donated. I'm hoping that I will call one of the orphanages and they will tell me that they picked up the water systems by mistake.

I do have a hard time believing that someone would pick up 33 boxes of water systems supplies that were clearly marked with my name and phone number on them by mistake, but I know God is in control, even when I am not. So I am trying to stay calm and wait or Monday morning when Ted gets back from a weekend away.

Please pray with us for God's will in this and that the missing water systems show up in his timing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment