Sunday, December 2, 2012

Rich Recovers from Dengue Fever

Dengue Fever is a mosquito-borne virus that is also known as "Break-bone" fever because of the way it makes you feel. Your whole body is sore and this time around I had excruciating back pain that often kept me up at night, along with a fever.

There is no treatment for Dengue fever, which has 4 types. At this point I have had two of the four types and am not looking forward to experiencing the other two types! Usually when you get one type you have life-long immunity to that type.

Although there is a blood test for Dengue, it is not really worth the expense because there is no treatment. It was confirmed in me by my itchy palms, which is a symptom that appears at the end of the virus cycle.

Thanks to all who prayed for my recovery!


No comments:

Post a Comment