Friday, February 11, 2011

The joys of Discipleship



The picture above is me praying with someone who just trusted Christ

Many times in this life, we wonder if it is "worth it all". Thankfully, we forget some of the hardest times, and usually remember only the best of the "Good old days".

But I received two phone calls recently that encouraged me greatly. One was from Charles, an orphan we befriended 10 years ago when we first came to Haiti. We helped and encouraged him in many ways. He was on the Lemuel soccer team and also attended the discipleship group I had back then. From time to time we also helped pay for his schooling as well. He called me to say that after the earthquake he had found a job as an accountant with one of the NGO's that came to Haiti to help, and that he was doing very well. He thanked us for our support, prayers and encouragement when he was young!

Another was from Croyance, another young man that I spent much time with during my first few years in Haiti. He is now married and has 2 children. He told me that he oversees a number of churches in Northwest Haiti and saw over 100 people trust in Christ through his ministry last year.

So we sow the seed and never know how God is going to make it grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment