Sunday, February 6, 2011

Not much reaction to the election announcement yet...

Although very few parents sent their children to school on Thursday, not much happened as far as demonstrations. That evening, the school sent out an email stating that we would be having school Friday and attendance was close to normal. Again, not much reaction at all to the announcement.

This weekend we are at the Quisqueya Christian School staff retreat and we were especially happy that we could get here (no barricades in the roads). We've had a great weekend so far surrounded by the beauty of God's creation, good fellowship, delicious food, uplifting worship and challenges by a passionate speaker to see faith as something that must be manifested in our actions and to take rest seriously. To obey that second exhortation, I went to bed early both nights! On Saturday morning, Richard was getting up at about 6:30 to go have devotions by the ocean and at first I said I was going back to sleep...until I remembered that I had planned to get some exercise this weekend. So I got up and walked with praise music on the ipod. We also got to play tennis and volleyball. So far I'm not sore...it'll probably hit me when I get back home tonight and sit down to grade papers and prepare for lessons this week! But, it's still worth it :).

For now, I'll try not to think about going home until it's time to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment