Saturday, October 27, 2007

A death in the QCS family

(Saturday) Today we lost a lovely friend and colleague, Katie Broecker. And our loss is heaven's gain...and Katie's, too. She's with Jesus now.

It was a terrible shock to hear that she was found in her bed this morning, having died in her sleep. She was only in her twenties. Some are guessing that it may have been an aneuryism. She had a good Christian life testimony and was loved by students as well as staff.

She gave a great chapel talk last year about the work of God in her life, encouraging the students to follow Jesus. Joy was close to Miss Broecker through her involvement in student council, soccer and volleyball, all of which Miss Broecker led.

Please pray for Katie's parents, sisters, grandmother and the many close friends she leaves behind in Ohio, Indiana and in Haiti. Also, pray for the students at QCS--some are wondering if something else may have happened to cause her death. Hopefully this will get cleared up. We will need to help the students grieve, too.

Today in Psalm 27 (because it's Oct. 27) I read :
The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear?
...
One thing I ask of the Lord,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life.
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment