Saturday, April 11, 2009

Answer to prayer about my back

While I was interpreting at the naval base for the Comfort Ship doctors (see older post), there was a lull in the flow of paitents and the doctor I worked with asked “What about you? Do you have anything that needs medical attention?” I mentioned my back and he turned to a doctor next to us, Lieutenant Barretti. I couldn't believe there was an Osteopathic Dr. who knows how to do adjustments right next to us! He adjusted my back right then and I felt much better! This was amazing because not all osteopaths do adjustments. I had been praying for God to provide some way for me to get help since I’m almost positive there are no chiropractors in Haiti. And God put me in that room with that doctor! In fact, I just realized, I wasn’t planning to go on this trip until after I prayed for help for my back and the teacher in charge of the trip happened to sit next to me at lunch and asked me if I could fill in on any of the days during Easter weekend because they didn’t have enough people. What’s really neat is that Pam had no idea what God had planned. I think Pam felt like I feel sometimes when I have to ask people to take on another task when they already have so much going AND it’s a holiday, or something else—ugh! But really she was being used by God to schedule me for a surprise! We can’t forget that in such mundane things like getting people to sign up to go on community service projects, we are doing angel-type work! What a privilege.
And I'm so thankful for Dr. Barretti!

No comments:

Post a Comment