Thursday, September 24, 2009

Let's be more like cats

Every morning I try to sit down and spend some time reading my “One year Chronological Bible” and then praying for a while. This morning I was anxious about our finances since we have recently had a lot of unexpected expenses.. But then our cat, Macy, climbed up in my lap purring like crazy and just sat there. She wanted nothing more than just to be with me and have me pet her.This reminded me of Jesus' words to Martha: “Martha, Martha, you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” (Luke 10:41) I needed to be more like Macy this morning, to sit contentedly in God's lap and listen to His Word. Then everything else would fall into perspective and I could face the day. My circumstances did not change, but my attitude did – anxiety was replaced by trust, fear was replaced by peace, and I remembered the verse that says “A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.” (Ps. 34:19). All of us will face trials, but God will deliver us from them in his time and his way.What way will you choose today? Mary's or Martha's?

No comments:

Post a Comment