Saturday, April 3, 2010

False teachings abound in Haiti



While in Limbe Pastor Peggy told me he had to come to Port-au-Prince on business next week. I asked him what he was going to do in Port-au-Prince and he said he was going to try and get a Visa to take a training in the US. When I asked him what kind of training he said it was a follow up course on some psychological training he had already received. He told me the name of the course, and I immediately recognized it as a non-Christian cult that is popular in the US. Pastor Peggy had told me he had already attended several sessions on this teaching and that at least 1,000 others – some Christians – had already received the training. I was astounded! I asked him how he had made contact with these people, and he told me through the internet.

When I told him that this was not just “psychological training”, but the false teaching of a specific religion, he was surprised. He thought it was just “Positive thinking” and harmless. I suggested that he ask the Holy Spirit to confirm in his heart if the teaching was false, and he said he would do this.

I am praying that God will use him and this experience to help him tell others about this false teaching and their methods!

No comments:

Post a Comment