Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday morning

I finally got to talk to Richard last night. He had been released from the clinic where they had cleaned out the wounds.

He sounded amazingly good! I'm not sure how much of that was the pain medication ;). And he's so happy to be coming up here. It's been hard being separated. He said they gave him a local shot for pain, I guess while they were cleaning the wounds. But he only has antibiotic and Tylenol for today.

He'll be getting on a plane today at 2:25 Lord willing and arriving in New York at 8pm where we'll be waiting.

After hearing Richard sound so good on the phone I slept peacefully.

This will be one Father's Day when we'll really mean it when we say "glad to have you as the father of our children" and "glad to have you for a Dad."

2 comments:

  1. He certainly is a very strong man! What a gift to be able to have him home for Father's Day, to celebrate him, especially after such a traumatic event. So many people across the states were asking for updates this morning, so happy to be able to share your good news. I pray that he will have a comfortable flight as well. Take care Carol.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I love your comment, "After hearing Richard sound so good on the phone I slept peacefully." I immediately thought "when we hear the Father's voice, we sleep peacefully." I pray that in the midst of all this the Father's voice is clear and gives you peace.

    ReplyDelete