Friday, October 22, 2010

Police receive World Cup Evangelistic Booklets

The month of October is the end of the fiscal year for the Haitian government so this is the month when all of our official documents and car registration have to be renewed. As I was waiting at a police station to get my driver’s license, I saw a young boy who apparently had stolen something with two adults on either side of him, presumably his mother and the one who had been wronged. They were arguing with the policeman behind a desk. This helped me to realize that the Haitian police force needs the Gospel and God’s wisdom in making decisions just like anyone else. So when I had to go back the following day to pick up my paperwork, I took several cases of the World Cup evangelistic booklets I have been distributing as well as some cases of “25 Bible Stories for children” for those policemen/women who have children. When one of the police leaders saw the booklets, he thanked me and said that the whole police force needed the Word of God. I asked him how many police there were at his station and he said 350! So I gave him enough for everyone. Please pray that God’s Word would help the police govern justly and without corruption and that many will put their trust in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment