Monday, March 21, 2011

Amputee Soccer Team sings at Quisqueya Chapel



I met this weekend with Pastor Evens of the AHFA board and also 8 players from the team. Pastor Evens informs me that 3 out of the 5 board members are essentially inactive and that the team has practiced only once or twice since returning to Haiti.

I met with the 8 players on Saturday to rehearse two songs that we were to sing at the church I attend on Sunday. However, Sunday was election day, so only 3 of the 8 could come and sing. With me singing we made a nice quartet! People responded very positively and after church we sold snacks and raised over $100 US, which is enough to pay for 1-2 practices.

I also found out that since their return to Haiti, at least 2 babies have been born to members of the team.

Please pray for the team as they face many challenges both personally and as a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment