Saturday, March 24, 2012

God’s Word still softens hearts

A few weeks ago I preached at our home church, Crossing Community Church. At the end of the sermon I urged people to obey the Bible’s command to believe in Jesus:

1 John 3:23
“And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.”

Afterwards I was introduced to a couple who had been attending Crossing for a while, but had never trusted in Christ. They explained that they both were not feeling well that morning and almost didn’t come. Michael, the church member who introduced me to them told me afterwards that he had been doing a Bible study with this couple and that they were former students of his.

The next week, Michael told me that this couple had trusted in Christ on the same Sunday as I preached! God’s Word touched their hearts, and they believed!

Please pray for them as they grow in their faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment