Monday, April 23, 2012

We had a warm welcome at Bible Fellowship Church in Yardley, PA. We got to see some friends we hadn't seen in a long time and connected with people who are interested in helping the people of Haiti. Some are very interested in coming down to help in the work!
As a special treat, I (Carol) was able to attend the women's conference on Friday and Saturday, where I heard encouraging and challenging talks on the journey of the Israelites and our journeys today from Kim Worrell, a fantastic speaker. There were also a lot special touches that made it really nice--decorations, good food, good coffee, little gifts, etc.

While I was at the Women's Conference, Richard had a really good meeting with Andrew and Meg working on our new website through which we'll handle equipment collection--coming soon -- "Equip the World"!

Last night I got to chat with one of my deaf friends in Haiti over Oovoo (which is like Skype). I was glad to be assured that he, his wife and baby and our mutual friends are doing all right.

Today, Richard went to Lancaster to guest-teach a business class and to meet up with a Haitian friend who lives not too far from Philly. I'm still working on our new wordpress blog...I'll let everyone know when it's ready. Blessings to all of you who care about Haiti! Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment