Friday, June 29, 2012

Diary of Trip to Haiti June 14-21, 2012 Third Day

Saturday, June 16, 2012:

On Saturday morning we got up early to do a training with Amputee soccer team. When we got there they told us that they had no shorts or crutches to train with. So I felt I had to go and get some shorts and crutches to that everyone could train. This meant I had to leave Justin and Ed with a young translator at Quisqueya Chapel to do the training. Justin and Ed did a great job showing the team some warm up and strengthening exercises, and they even asked him for more. Meanwhile, I had trouble getting into the office where the crutches were stored, but did find some shorts and purchased some lunch for them.

Imagine my surprise when I got back and found every one of them practicing with crutches and shorts! I guess they wanted to practice in AIS shorts and not their own! After practice, Ed gave his testimony as I translated and then they sang a song that Orima, the team captain had written named “ Jehovah ye ye” for us.
Saturday afternoon we packed up and went to meet Mark Bradley’s team so we could visit the school that Mark Bradley’s congregation “Church of the Savior” had built in Archaie near the beach. It was great to see a US church partnering so well with a church in Haiti.





That evening we all stayed at a beach hotel together and talked about our time so far in Haiti. It was nice to get a little break in the midst of a busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment