Saturday, June 9, 2012

Helping people grow in Christ wherever we are

Helping people grow in Christ wherever we are

Since we have been back to the US, Carol and I have had the opportunity to minister to a variety of people. Carol has spoken with woman’s groups and talked about Francoise and how she makes jewelry. Now someone here is interested in selling it for us when she does conferences for her other business.

The Pastor of Crossing Community Church asked me to lead a Bible study once a week at an addiction recovery program in poor section of Philadelphia. I did this for 5 weeks and am still in touch with some of the guys who hope to graduate from the program soon.

Then I met a young man at church seminar named Ed who has a discipleship group of 4-5 young men. It is so exciting to see these guys so excited about applying the Bible to their lives and holding each other accountable. I shared my ministry with them, and some stories of Haiti.

Recently I decided that I had to go back to Haiti for a one-week trip to properly prepare for two important teams that are coming right when I get back in August and address some other issues.

One of my discipleship principles is to always try and have someone with me so that I can expose them to real-life ministry and also have an accountability partner. Since Ed had expressed so much interest in my ministry in Haiti, I decided to ask him if he would consider going with me to Haiti from June 14-21st. Not only did he agree to go with me, but he also recruited a friend named Justin who is interested in missions to go along. So in just a few days we are heading down to Haiti together.

No comments:

Post a Comment