Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sometimes you just have to laugh!


Early this morning (Friday) before the two most important meetings of our trip we decided to stop by and see Ronald's wife and new baby. I was delighted to be able to hold the bouncing baby boy named Emmanuelson, but then I heard a loud noise and looked down at my pants. They were covered with baby poop and so Iaughed and handed the baby back to his mother. It was all over and I stood in the bathroom with soap and water and cleaned myself up. I reflected on the peace God gave me as I was doing this, because normally I would have been pretty upset. Here I was just before two important meetings with poop all over my pants!

Rich

Emmanuelson safely in the arms of his Dad!

It came out pretty well, and didn't smell, which was a good thing because I did not have time to go home and change my clothes.

The two meetings went well. One was with Mercy Corps that want to include us in their program that uses soccer to build self-esteem and transmit information about health and conflict management.

The other was with the Haitian Soccer Federation. After this meeting we had a chance to show the U-15 boys team some warm-up excercises. Justin did a good job with this. Then, while we were visiting with the U-15 girl's team, Jean Paul shared the Gospel with the U-15 boys we had just worked with. He said that several of them trusted Christ, and that he would follow up with them in a couple of weeks when he had a Bible study scheduled with the girl's team!

Pictures coming tomorrow, Lord willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment