Monday, May 4, 2009

Outreach in Leogane

When we are weak, He is strong!



Last weekend (May 2-3, 2009) I came down with a stomach thing - Haitian Happiness, cramps, the whole nine yards. My stomach hurt, my back hurt, my knee hurt - I thought I was falling apart. So I was about to cancel an evangelistic film showing we had scheduled in Leogane, a town just outside of Port-au-Prince.

I really didn't want to cancel the film showing since we had had to cancel once before, so I tried to figure out a way to make it happen without me. I called up two of my key leaders: Ronald William, the soccer coach of a large Christian school in PAP, and Jean Paul Noel, a seminary student.

I sent them out with the video projector and a DVD player and prayed that they would arrive safely and that the equipment would work.

Then it started to rain while they were on the way, and not just a little rain. It flooded the streets of Leogane, and right in front of the church where the film was going to be shown a river appeared!

The rain kept the numbers down to about 50, but the Holy Spirit did it's work and convicted three people of their need for Salvation through Christ.

I just talked to the Pastor of the church and he said these three have been coming to church and they are following up with them.

So even in my weakness, God used me to share his love with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment