Saturday, October 10, 2009

Update by Carol

Last week we celebrated Richard's birthday, this week, mine. I've had a great time since my students made a big fuss over me. My ESL students got a huge cake, drinks, cups, plates, etc. and invited all the Sophomores to surpise me on Wednesday since not all of them would be at school on Friday. They sang happy birthday and we had a short celebration before we had to get back to work. Then yesterday at chapel, the Student Council brought me and two other teachers whose birthdays are coming soon up in front, sang Happy Birthday and gave us homemade cupckaes. All day kids were wishing me a happy birthday and writing nice messages on my chalkboard and whiteboard.

Last night Richard and I had a fun night of dinner and board games with another couple who are in ministry in this area too.

I also got lots of electronic messages from all over!

I feel very much loved and celebrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment