Friday, July 6, 2012

diary of Trip to Haiti June 14-21, 2012 Day Seven

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ed was still weak the next morning, and so he and Justin stayed at the guest house while I had meetings. I met with my AIS Haiti staff and then the Ambassadors Communication staff. After that I went to visit Joan Martineau, who used to be the director of Quisqueya Christian School when our children were little. She has cancer and I wanted to visit her and pray with her.





Then I went back to the guesthouse to see how Ed and Justin were doing. They were feeling better and so we went to visit Francoise and her three children. When I got there I was very disappointed to see that the tire wall we had made keep water from ripping away the earth and eventually destroying Francoise’s house had been totally washed away by a rush of water from the rainy season in May.





Nevertheless, Francoise and her children were happy to see us and she had some necklaces and beads to give us to sell in the US.





My friend Daniel had invited us to his guesthouse for dinner that night, so we all went over there and had a nice dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment