Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday

It's Monday and I had to clear out my classroom completely so that our school can be used as a rescue center. It's now looking like opening up the school again is a little further off. :( But I'm glad that our school can be used for such an important work. Most likely I will be volunteering here as a translator or doing some kind of help. I may also have to make up school packets for students to keep going until we can reopen. I really don't know the scope of this disaster; I only know it is huge. Could this mean we don't reopen school until September? I think it's more likely we'll open some time in March and then have to go late in the yaer to finish, but it's really hard to say. Please do pray fo rour son, Ricky's education.

I need to get off line now.

Thanks for praying.
Carol

2 comments:

  1. We can tell that you do not have access to media and news. Haiti is devastated. Here in the US, Haiti is getting 24 hour coverage due to the magnitude of devastation there. The quake has affected 3 million people. They are saying more than 200,000 deaths. Mass graves are piling up and doctors who have flown in are unable to get supplies because of bottlenecks at the airport. Many are still under the rubble. So many homeless, they cannot begin to count. I am afraid your school may serve as a rescue center for far longer than March. Pray, Pray, Pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol.

    Thank you for your updates. Andrew and I have been praying for your family and for Haiti - It is such a relief to know that you're ok and that your home also survived. It sounds like you and Rich have been a great blessing to many during this difficult time. We will keep praying and thinking of you. Thank you for the prayer points.

    Connie (from Australia)

    ReplyDelete