Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday - another earthquake - a 6.1

Psa 27:1 Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

This morning Richard woke up very early because he was going to take a surgical nurse to a hospital down in the area where the epicenter of the earthquakes hit. We talked a bit while he was getting ready, said goodbye. When he left I went back to sleep. at about 6:05 I was shaken awake by another earthquake, jumped out of bed and ran out the front door. It was more alarming this time being awakened by it. Richard had not actually left the driveway yet so he came down to make sure I was all right. I was shaking, but fine. I’m glad I didn’t get up and get in the tub for my bucket bath at 6:00!

We heard some people near by yelling “Help!” A man had hurt his arm. Richard called out to him and then left, I think to check on him and then keep going to Diquini and Bolosse.

I really wanted to get on the internet to find out what happened outside of my neighborhood and to let people overseas know that we were still OK in case they heard about this earthquake.I turned on the inverter (battery powerd electricity), but I couldn’t connect. But I needed to connect with God first.

So I ended up reading Psalm 27 and 28.

Here are some highlights
For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment